Hello everyone! Recently, I was tagged by both the lovely Natalie Hanson and the gorgeous Chloe from Marble Beauty for another Liebster Award! A massive thanks to both of them, if you’re not following those lovely ladies already, I suggest you check them out!
- Acknowledge the blogger(s) who tagged you
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 new questions
Chloe’s questions for me
1. What is your dream job?
I answered this in my last Liebster award post, but right now I’m (slowly but surely) working towards becoming a teacher! However blogging full time one day would be really cool!
2. Sum up blogging in 3 words?
Time-consuming (I’m counting that as one word), Fun, and Creative
3. Favourite colour for interiors?
I’m definitely a neutrals girl! I love black, white and grey for just about anything. Lately I’ve been loving dusty pink/rose though.
4. You can have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
I’m going to be boring and say a cat. I’ve never had a cat and honestly its my dream to have one! (or 10 haha) However if I had to pick a non-domestic animal I’d choose a monkey!
5. A brand you would LOVE to collaborate with one day?
Australis or NYX. Because I genuinely love their products and use them all the time!
6. What is your favourite beauty twitter account at the moment?
Don’t make me pick a favourite! I honestly can’t choose!
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
The UK! Somewhere in London
8. What is one holy-grail makeup item you always repurchase?
Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner. I have no idea what I’d do without it
9. Who would you love to meet?
The one and only Beyonce
10. What is the best book you have read in the last few years?
If I’m being honest, I’ve only read a small handful of books in the last few years, and all but one were for school. So I don’t really have a favourite, sorry!
11.What is the number one tip you have for blogging?
I think authenticity is so important in the blogging world. People will read your blog if they have an interest in what YOU have to say. Be authentic, be yourself, and you’ll attract the right audience.
Natalie’s questions for me
1. Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
I actually have never travelled overseas before, so I can’t answer that, sorry!
2. Why did you start blogging?
Starting a blog is something I’ve wanted to do since I was about 14 years old. Once I had graduated high school, I decided to finally do it. I was confused about where my life was heading and what I wanted to do post-school, so I thought it would be a great hobby to put all my new found time and energy into.
3. Who is your role model?
My mum <3
4. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
I kind of answered this one before, but essentially, just be yourself, and do it because you love it and because you want to be blogging. Don’t worry about stats and numbers, they will come with time, accompanied with hard work and perseverance.
5. What are your favourite TV/Netflix series?
Wentworth. It’s an Australian prison drama (think Orange is the New Black, but better) and I’m OBSESSED
6. How long have you been blogging for?
Almost 4 months!
7. What are 3 countries you would love to visit, and why?
The UK – I have always been obsessed with the UK. I don’t know why, I just am
Italy – For the food and culture
Canada – I once had an English teacher who was originally from Canada, and that made me interested to go there one day.
8. Name one long-term and one short-term goal for your blog.
Short-term – Continue to write up schedule posts for the next few months, so I always have something to post even when I’m busy.
Long-term – One day (maybe in the next year) get my own domain name, and move my whole blog over to WordPress.Org
9. What is your favourite book?
I don’t really have one, I explained why in an earlier question
10. What do you love about yourself?
I love that I have a relatively open mind. Of course, I have my own strong opinions, but I’m always open and respectful to the fact that others have their own values, and point of view, and that that’s okay. I think that’s really important in today’s society, and I’m glad I have that quality.
11. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In 5 years time, I will be 23 years old. I see myself working towards a career I’m passionate about, and working hard doing whatever possible to make that happen.
- Whats one thing you’ve never done but really want to do one day?
- How did you choose your blog name, and what were some other name ideas you considered?
- What’s your favourite social media platform?
- Tea or coffee?
- Favourite skincare product?
- Do you know what your parents would have named you if you were the opposite sex? If so, what would have you been called?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to in the next month?
- Your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s an unpopular opinion of yours?
- Favourite jewellery item?
- A quote you try to live by?
– Karen xx