I, like many, love a good life hack. Who doesn’t want a quick trick that can make life a little easier?
The trouble is, some life hacks can sound really good in theory, but in practice, they aren’t as spectacular.
Through trial and error, I’ve collected 12 life hacks that actually work!
- Run out of gel liner? Take some mascara onto a liner brush and apply as you would regular liner
- Run a q-tip along the inside of your lips to prevent lipstick getting on your teeth
- Use dry shampoo the night before, to give it more time to absorb into your scalp, and avoid a white/grey cast over your hair. The results of the dry shampoo will also last longer.
- Curl your hair before bed to save time in the morning
- Replace shaving cream with conditioner or body wash. It saves money and softens your skin.
- Love an expensive, high end mascara, but don’t want to spend the $$$ to repurchase it? Purchase a drugstore mascara and use the high end mascara wand. You’ll get a similar effect.
- Apply moisturiser to elbows, knees and feet after fake tanning. It’ll dilute the product in those areas and prevent dark orange stains in those areas that tend to be more dry.
- If you’re out of dry shampoo, massage some baby powder into your roots and it’ll do the trick.
- Use your contour/bronzer shade as a transition eye shadow colour for natural looking blended eye shadow
- Warm up your eyelash curler with a blow dryer prior to using it for a more intense, longer lasting curl.
- Curl your hair while it’s up in a high pony / pigtails to shorten styling time.
- Messed up your eyeliner? Dip a cotton tip in some makeup remover / micellar water and use that to clean up the edges.
What are some you favourite life hacks?
- Karen xx